At the intersection of writing and life with the author of the Cameron Ballack mysteries

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Writing and the Brain

One of my ongoing frustrations (although to be fair, it's not a daily thing) happens to be the student who refuses to take notes in class or write down anything, telling me in effect that "Oh, I'll just listen and remember what was said. Taking notes doesn't help at all. It's better this way."

Oh, really?

As an emerging writer, I confess looking for evidence that supports the fact that writing helps your recall of things, that stories are preferable to bare facts, and so on. But I don't like monographs that drone on and on about the neurological research that shows it.

Finally, an infograph that makes the point quickly, cleanly, and creatively!

I think it makes the point. What about you? Thoughts?

No comments: